You may have seen blue toilet water in commercial spaces, hospitals, and big organizations and wonder if you can do it at home. Naturally, you would look for the answer to the question, “Can you make toilet water blue?” Also, is it hygienic to turn toilet water blue?
The good thing is you can turn the regular toilet water blue. Also, it will be good for the cleanliness and hygiene of your toilet. It will improve the aesthetics of the bathroom and boost its appearance. So, why not use the tricks to make toilet water blue?
You can use blue additives, toilet cleaner, and even food coloring. The key is to avoid harsh chemicals that can damage the porcelain or acrylic finish of the toilet bowl. Read more
Can You Make Toilet Water Blue?
Can you make the toilet water blue? The answer to the million-dollar question is yes. You can turn the regular toilet water blue. It won’t harm the toilet if you avoid using harsh chemicals. On top of it, blue toilet water offers better aesthetics and indicates cleanliness.
Blue toilet water improves the overall look of your bathroom. The pleasant blue hue contrasts with the white or neutral colors of most toilets and bathroom fixtures. Hence, it will create a more attractive and inviting space.
Moreover, the aesthetic enhancement can be especially valuable in bathrooms that guests frequently use. Undoubtedly, it can leave a positive impression. So, guests will appreciate your nag for cleanliness and beauty.
Indication of Cleanliness:
The blue color in the toilet bowl serves as a visual cue. It immediately suggests that the toilet has been cleaned or treated recently. It is instrumental in shared households or public restrooms. Yes, it will reassure users that the bathroom is sanitary.
Moreover, people will believe that it has been adequately maintained. It can also prompt individuals to maintain cleanliness by encouraging them to keep the toilet clean to preserve the blue color. It is more than helpful in restaurants and public spaces, where maintaining toilets is challenging. Learn more
How to Make Toilet Water Blue?
You can make toilet water with different techniques. You can use toilet bowl cleaners, toilet tablets, or food coloring. There are also disinfectants with blue additives to make the toilet pleasing.
Toilet Bowl Cleaners:
You can use toilet bowl cleaners with blue additives for this purpose. For instance, you can choose the Clorox® Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Bleach & Blue. It includes four tablets, and each tablet can keep the toilet water blue for three to four months.
- Purchase a toilet bowl cleaner with blue additive. Many commercial toilet bowl cleaners come in blue varieties you can purchase within your budget.
- Ensure that it doesn’t have too harsh chemicals that can damage the finish of the toilet bowl.
- After that, you must squirt the cleaner around the inside of the toilet bowl. It would help if you allowed it to cling to the surface.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the cleaner around the bowl. Make sure the cleaner reaches under the rim in all spaces.
- Flush the toilet to distribute the blue water throughout the bowl.
Toilet tablets are designed to provide continuous cleaning. They will release a blue colorant into the water and dissolve slowly to maintain the blue color. You may choose the Toilet Duck Blue Cleanser for this purpose.
As you apply the blue additive tablet, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. It will help you place the pill in the toilet tank safely. Usually, you’ll need to hang it on the side. Or else, you can drop it directly into the tank. As the tablet dissolves, it will release blue coloring into the toilet water with each flush. It works slowly to maintain the sanitary for months.
Although you may not believe it, you can use food coloring to dye your toilet water blue. Nonetheless, you must be cautious about the food color. Or else it may stain surfaces. Moreover, it can be complicated to remove if spilled.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring directly into the toilet tank. Start with a small amount, and adjust the color to your preference.
- Flush the toilet to see the color in the bowl. If it’s not dark enough, add more food coloring and flush again until you achieve the desired shade of blue.
Tips And Precautions For Making Toilet Water Blue
- Be careful when using food coloring. It is crucial since the color of food may stain your hands, clothes, or surfaces if spilled.
- Do not mix different cleaning products or chemicals in the toilet bowl. Otherwise, it can create dangerous fumes or reactions.
- Ensure your products or methods are safe for your plumbing and septic system. If you use too harsh chemicals, it can damage the toilet and plumbing system.
Blue toilet tablets and additives are a great way to improve aesthetics. As the toilet water looks blue, it signals improved cleanliness, too. Whether it is a family restroom, a guest toilet, or even a public one, turning the water blue will be beneficial. It offers better hygiene and also creates a positive impression about you.